Saturday, October 8, 2011

Clean Home Plan: routines & assignments

A few days ago I shared with you my desperate need to form an action plan for keeping my home in working order. After leeching information, tips, and how-to's from friends and internet sources (see below), I have written up a rough plan for creating a clean and efficient home. To start, I have developed a routine for both the morning and the evening. These routines are designed to help me maintain an orderly home as well as to ground me with a plan for success.

I have always scoffed at plan-makers and goal-setters, only because I have been insecure of my lack of ability to make plans and set goals myself. Alas, those homemakers are the ones who I now aspire to, recognizing their wisdom and practicality. After all, how I run my home effects more than just myself.

I have also assigned chores to each day of the week. This way, I can say with confidence that I have in fact cleaned my bathroom this week, and I can rest assured that no one day is left with hours of catch-all cleaning. A little here, a little there, and done.

Here are my routines and chores. I am using this week to faithfully stick to the routines and see how they work. I am counting on needing to tweak them a bit after this machine has had it's first run.

P.M.
Goal:
Going to bed with a deep sigh of relaxation, and to wake up with a "ready" advantage.
After 7:00, when the kids are down for the night . . .
- pick up all toys and books
-clean and put away all dishes
-clear off counters, everything finds a home
-prep any foods for the following day's meals
(includes soaking grains, thawing meats, making kefir, etc.)
-wipe down counters, stove, and sink
-sweep entry way and kitchen
-fold and put away laundry (if for some reason this didn't get done)
-Relax! Enjoy a quiet, clean home.
-Go to sleep between 10 and 11:00

A.M.
Goal: Get up! Have a formed plan for the morning
that accomplishes the "must do's" so my afternoons can be filled
with "want-to's"
-Out of bed at 6:00 a.m. (yes, this will be the greatest challenge for me!)
-Shower, dress, hair, & make-up
-2 minute wipe down bathroom
-quiet time with God, prayer with husband
-(kids wake up around 7:00)
-serve a hot breakfast
-clean up breakfast, wipe down counters
-dress kids
-daily chore + vacuum living area
-(kids nap)
-read, study, internet
-prep lunch

Daily Chores
Sunday: rest
Monday: clean bathrooms
Tuesday: dust
Wednesday: deep clean kitchen
Thursday: vacuum all rooms
Friday: organize all closets, pantry, and desk, mop floors as needed
Saturday: laundry catch-up

Everyday chores: maintain tidiness through a.m. and p.m. routines,
laundry as needed
(about every 3 days)

We'll see how I do this week!
Here are some blogs I gleaned wisdom from:

www.flylady.net
www.passionatehomemaking.com
www.keeperofthehome.com
www.inspiredtoaction.com

2 comments:

  1. Love it! A lot to commit to, but I am confident you will love the routine! Now to find one for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome Ruthann!!!! looks very doable and I know you'll be successful :)

    ReplyDelete