Saturday, November 10, 2012

Why I'm Afraid of Blogging

me, unperfect


I'll wake up with an idea.  I will then go and share this idea with my husband, who will say, "cool, you should blog about that.".  This has happened countless times this passed year.

Yet I just can't bring myself to do it.
 I have this fear of blogging, but it really isn't about blogging at all . . .

My fears stem from these thoughts:

Someone out there is saying just what I want to say, only they're saying it better.

I want to write about what I think is important.  What if someone disagrees with me? 

I want to make people laugh, but I'm not that funny.

I want to encourage and share wisdom, yet I'm not really all that wise.  

I am an insecure fourteen year old all over again!  The reality is that I will never be the best of the best, and that bugs me like a nasty hangnail or something else really really irritating.

SO, what to do?

 First, stop coveting my sister's gifts.  Second, use my own gifts with excellence. Third, give thanks for my portion now.  Sometimes I can be funny.  So my blog might some times make you laugh.  Every once and a while I am blessed with insight or wisdom from the Lord.  I will share what I learn.  Plenty of times I have opinions and even convictions to relay.

Considering the blog title Life Project, I must remember that I am an ongoing work, pursuing this and that, significant or not-so-significant, all to God's glory.

I pray I can be filled with confidence and peace as I decide to blog.

Lord willing, I will be able to see God's faithful hand growing me into a more devoted and beautiful Christian, living a life with a heart to please him first.  



3 comments:

  1. Right there with you Ruthann! I've tried blogging in the past and totally flopped:P Who would want to hear what I have to say? Well, I for one can't wait to read what you have to say! I need all the input I can get with these kiddos and hubby of mine;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lift up the gospel (and evidence of its effects) it leads to transparency. When we judge ourselves in comparison with others it leads to inward withdrawal. Keep sharing evidences of grace and let God decide how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthann, I know these feelings and thoughts all too well. Thanks for sharing. Praying for you friend! And you can do it! I love reading about all that you're up to! I've been wanting to start blogging again so I think I will... we can do it!

    ReplyDelete