Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April: A Month to Celebrate New Life

Nothing compares to the joy of welcoming a new life. Jizmejian baby number two made her grand entrance into the world on April 17th at 8:25 pm. We named her Cosette Liberty, Cosette meaning victorious. She was born on Palm Sunday, a special day preceding Easter, reminding us of the victory Christ has over death. Victory over death and new life are the ultimate reasons to celebrate! We are overwhelmed as a family, to gaze upon the depth of beauty in both the grave conquered and our sweet baby girl's face, both owning the title victorious.


April, 2011 will always be a month remembered as the month we had our second baby, our first daughter. I love how our family history is being written before our very eyes, always being enriched by God's good gifts.






April reads:


I spent a lot of my free time in April reading and rereading a lot of birth books. Most of them I had read while I was pregnant with Rafferty and I used this time around to be refreshed and reminded of how the whole "having a baby thing" works. I didn't read any cover to cover this time around, but they sure were helpful to have brushed up on!


I also read One Thousand Gifs by Ann Voskamp. I had heard and read quite a bit, all positive, about this book. I read it for myself the week of having Cosette. Can I give an enthusiastic Amen! to all I heard about this book! It is beautifully written and a challenge to live in active gratitude. A practice in thankfulness for the ordinary life, and a hands on approach for having your life changed by growing in a heart fueled by thankfulness and ultimately, communion with God. I am beginning my own list of one thousand gifts, hopeful to watch my own life become quick to give name to God's gifts. I loved loved loved this book.


3 comments:

  1. Ruthann! So excited for you, Cosette is so tiny and precious! I also LOVE reading your blog. Such thoughtful reflections! I haven't read the book you mentioned, but I love the idea of gratitude! I ask God to give me a fresh testimony daily. It is so awesome to see His fingerprints all over my day and I LOVE to share it with others! :)So happy that your life is going well for you and your sweet little family. :) Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, she's beautiful! Congrats Ruthann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your children are beautiful, Ruthann! I love Cosette's name and how it's meaning goes with the Easter season she was born in. What a wonderful reminder it will be to her throughout her life of how our Savior has given us new life in Him! I'm back at Summit again and I miss having you here! I want your little ones here so I can play with them! :)

    My aunt just gave One Thousand Gifts to my mom and it looked really good. I'll definitely have to read it now.

    ReplyDelete